The Printers Terms and Conditions for all Services
BY PLACING YOUR ORDER WITH THE PRINTERS, YOU ARE AGREEING WITH ALL TERMS & CONDITIONS.
• We cannot accept responsibility for consequential damages or loss of any kind resulting from the sale, installation, or delivery of our wrap products. Any verbal order will be accepted, but in the absence of any supportive documentation, The Printers will not be responsible for any verbal mistakes. Everything must be in writing.
• All work undertaken is under the condition that a complete, high-resolution file is supplied, complete with a color proof, pantone references and purchase order with the exact specification. Where artwork is supplied by the client, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure the artwork is in a “print ready” format. It is the responsibility of the clients designer to check the dimensions and layout of the actual vehicle(s).
• Proofs are created on a flat surface and viewed at a relatively tiny size on computer screens and 8 inch printed paper. In cases of curves, handles, deep grooves, rubber moldings/trim, on-the-spot adjustments may be made by the installer to assure maximum readability or alignment. In many cases there are slight differences between the printed flat paper proof and the 3 dimensional curved vehicle wrap. Where The Printers provides the artwork, it is essential the client fully checks the final proof with the actual vehicle to check for any variations (eg; style of lights, positioning of number plates and other major (no. of doors) or minor variations. Paper and digital proof colors can vary from the actual printed material as they are printed on 2 different machines. There are always color variations from printed proofs and actual wrap material.
• The accuracy of the templates provided has a margin of error of a few percentage points. It is recommended that designers design vehicle wraps with this in mind, avoiding the extreme edges of the wrap with vital information. Measurement of the vehicle is always recommended. See our artwork guide for more detailed advice and information.
• It is the responsibility of the client to provide or purchase quality high resolution pictures for large format printing. The Printers will not be held responsible for low resolution images provided by the client for printing.
• It is not reasonable to expect a inkjet printed vinyl wrap to cover and look exactly like paint or in all the same places look exactly the same. A piece of vinyl has limits and can only stretch so much before it changes color. In some cases, a relief cut has to be made into the vinyl that will reveal a small amount of the original vehicles paint color under the vinyl. In some cases a patch needs to be installed to conceal vehicles original color. It is the only option. Areas under door handles, mirrors, behind gas caps, and inside door frames will not be wrapped. If we wrap Extreme curved surfaces such as mirrors and bumpers they may reveal the original paint color at the tight edges of the wrap. It has more to do with material limitations and not install quality.
• Due to the fact that a two dimensional print is being applied to a three dimensional vehicle and due to the minor variances in the accuracy of the templates. The positioning of a vehicle wrap can vary from the proof by several cms throughout the entire length of a vehicle wrap. This is normal and wraps need to be designed with this in mind.
• When The Printers receives original logos or Art we will not modify the color or design, because it may cause unacceptable errors. The Printers will not be held responsible for any design layouts provided by the client. All original art must come to The Printers ready to print. There will be a design fee for any changes made to client supplied art or layout. Design fee is $75.00 per hour.
• Wraps are self-adhesive vinyl that will only adhere well to catalyzed vehicle paint and glass. Poor surface paint or clear coats will not allow the vinyl adhesive to stick properly and the adhesive may fail. It is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to bring in a vehicle that is ready to be wrapped. Extreme curves and deep pockets may exceed the limits of how far the material can stretch. Again this is not paint it is a special pressure sensitive vinyl material. Vehicles are not at exact right angle curves. They maintain lines that are not 100% parallel to the ground. Due to this fact the graphics that are 2D printed graphics they will not be at the exact same angle of the vehicle lines once the wrap is installed onto the 3D vehicle surface.
• Due to the limitations and the sensitivity of the various substrates, it is impossible to reproduce all colors accurately. Therefore, in the absence of a representative from your company to select the appropriate color sample, reproduction will be at our discretion.
• All quotations are valid for 30 days.
• Payment terms: 50% deposit with the order confirmation, prior to printing, with the balance to be paid prior to collection or delivery of the vehicle.
• In case of any cancellations if any material has been ordered for your project/order you will be responsible for 100% of that cost. If any artwork has been created, that artwork fee is not refundable. Artwork charge is $75 per hour. (Min. 1 hour)
• Once the work is performed and client takes possession of the vehicle, the client must pay The Printers the balance due for the vehicle wrap.
• Any invoice not paid within 15 days of wrap completion are subject to a 1.5% fee per month, or part of month will be added to the original invoice.
• Vehicles must be delivered to our location clean and free from grease and oil, and free from existing graphics. A cleaning charge of $80.00 may be applied if the vehicles are not in a satisfactory clean condition.
• If customer does not show up for an installation appointment within 1/2 hour of appointment time there will be a $75 NO-SHOW fee added to total owed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• We cannot be responsible for damage to paintwork when the vinyl is removed, and would not advise application on a re-sprayed surface, or poor quality/rusted paintwork. Also we do not advise using non-removable vinyl on a vehicles surface. Please note, our experience shows that removal of vinyl designed for vehicle wraps, from good quality, factory original paintwork, will not damage the paintwork. However, it is the duty and responsibility of the owner of the vehicles to ensure suitability of the existing surface before it is wrapped.
• In the event that The Printers is asked to remove pre-installed vinyl, installed by a company other than The Printers, The Printers will make every effort to remove the existing vinyl, but will not be held responsible for any damage they may occur to the surface of the painted vehicle after removal. This is due to the fact that not all preinstalled vinyls are designed to be removed. In many cases pre existing vinyl are non-removable. If this is the case, The Printers will wrap over the existing vinyl with vinyl designed for vehicle graphics.
• When we wrap over existing vinyl strips or letters, the new wrap is so thin on top that there will be evidence that there is old vinyl underneath the new vinyl.
• It is standard procedure in our industry to wrap over existing graphics when it can not be removed using conventional methods. The Printers will not be held responsible in anyway if the client is not happy because the existing graphics were not able to be removed using conventional methods of removal.
• The Printers does NOT engage in unconventional methods of vinyl graphics removal because it may damage the surface of the clients vehicle. Unconventional methods include, cutting or scraping of the vehicle surface or the use of harsh chemicals that may damage the vehicles painted surface.
• The Printers only uses vinyl adhesives that are designed for vehicle wraps. The vinyl adhesive that The Printers uses is designed to be removable when the time comes to remove the graphics. the removal process will not damage the surface of the vehicle because we only use materials designed for vehicle application.
• While we would like you to arrange your own driver (using your preferred delivery method), we would be willing to either select our own delivery person or provide a dedicated delivery at clients expense plus overhead charge.
• If we are installing at the client’s nominated location, suitable conditions must exist. Vehicles need to be indoors, in a clean, dust free temperature controlled environment, with a power supply and good quality lighting. With a minimum of 5 feet working space around the entire vehicle. If in the opinion of the senior installer on site, conditions are not suitable for a high quality install of the wrap / graphics the vehicle will be required to go to one of our nominated install location.
• All signs remain the property of The Printers until paid for in full.
• Pending payment for goods supplied, the customer holds the goods as the property of The Printers, and the goods must be kept identified as belonging to The Printers.
• If the client has a concern with the job, Client must contact The Printers IN WRITING before proceeding with any charge backs or credit returns. The Printers will be given 45 days opportunity to correct and resolve any disputes prior to any legal action or credit returns.
• In the event that the customer fails to make payment, the customer irrevocably authorizes The Printers to remove the graphics supplied.
• In no circumstances whatsoever shall The Printers be liable to the buyer, arising out of the supply of goods, exceed the invoice value of those goods.
• In the case where a third party design firm is involved on behalf of the client, The Printers will consult and advise the third party design firm as part of the The Printers work order agreement, free of charge as long as The Printers performs the printing and installation. The client will be responsible for all The Printers consultation fees, if the client decides to take the project elsewhere for printing and installation.
• The client will be responsible for the payment of all work and designs performed by The Printers on behalf of the client.
• The Printers will not accept responsibility for the inaccuracies in orders telephoned or faxed by the customer. If customer insists on giving verbal approvals, The Printers will not be held responsible for any mistakes or any other anomalies that may occur with any type of printing or vehicle graphics projects.
• The Printers cannot be held responsible for any damage caused through the workmanship or application of the vinyl products.
• Designs: Since The Printers designs a majority of all our wraps, The Printers uses the original large format design files for the purpose of printing and installing the large format wraps we produce in house. The Printers typically does not design a large format wrap project for another wrap company to print and install. The Printers reserves the right to keep all the original photo shop and illustrator files created for Large Format printing. These files include all original layered JPG and PSD files.
• For a separate design fee, The Printers will provide designs for business cards, flyers and brochures.
• Once The Printers project is complete, the client may chose to purchase the design files from The Printers on a CD so they can use it on another print advertising.
• The Printers use only the finest High Performance Vinyl. The Graphics material is designed to be removed without damaging the paint. However, you may want to be careful if you have an aftermarket non OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) paint job. The Printers is not liable if during the installation of a wrap the clear coat of the car begins to peal off. Original painted vehicles will not have any problems with the clear coat pealing off.
• The application process in many cases takes no longer than a day or two for full wraps and partial wraps can be done within one day. Its not a good idea to rush the install process many things can go wrong. Also Begin reserves the right to take an additional day for issues such as transportation and weather conditions.
• It is illegal to cover the front driver side glass. In some cases the police may also stop you for covering the passenger side glass. The reason is the police need to see into the vehicle. In some cases they client may insist that the passenger side is wrapped in the design and The Printers will wrap it with the disclaimer stating the client is responsible for any issues regarding the coverage of the front windows.
• The wrap material that is used for vehicle wraps, does not stick very well to plastic or rubber parts such as window trims, side plastic moldings and plastic door handles. It is advised that these areas NOT be wrapped with adhesive vinyl. Initially the vinyl will stick , but over a short period of time such as a few months, the vinyl will fall off these areas.
• In most cases of vinyl lifting, if it is a materials problem the lifting will present itself in the first few weeks after the initial installation. In most cases it is advised that the vehicle wrap be fixed so that the vinyl does not continue to peal back and become contaminated. It is not uncommon to see small areas of the wrap lifting soon after the installation is complete.
Several factors can effect the vinyls’ adhesives ability to stick to the vehicle surface. Here are a few..
If the surface is not prepared properly before the wrap then the adhesive can fail to stick overtime.
Extreme temperatures can effect the vinyl adhesive. Very Cold or Very Hot temperatures.
Extreme humidity in the air during installation can effect the adhesive.
Dust in the air during installation.
• The Printers prefers to use our facility for installation. If client elects to have installation performed at a non The Printers location, The Printers will not be held liable for any issues related to improper install conditions such as temperature or dust. At times The Printers will have to operate the clients vehicle to move from location to location.
• Full wraps DO NOT automatically include the roof wrap. The additional cost of labor and materials to wrap a roof can range from $150.00 for a small car, up to $400.00 for a Cargo van roof wrap. Most clients do not wrap the roof of their vehicles.
• This prints take time to print and the ink has to dry before we can laminate the prints. After the prints are ready to install the installers can begin the installation. You do not want to rush the installers because this type of work is all done by hand and it takes time do install the vinyl with perfect placement. From the time that the design is completed and approved by our client, a wrap can be printed and installed within 10 days. In some cases it can all be completed in 5 days after the design is approved.
• The vinyl that is applied to original vehicle paint is warranted against adhesive failure and image quality for up to 3 years. The window perforated material is warranted for up to 1 years. The Printers cannot warrantee the installation if we do not install the wrap. If The Printers only prints the vinyl The Printers will warrantee image quality only.
• Removals: All removals are quoted separately. The Printers will not be liable for any damages caused by removal of materials by the client themselves or other parties other than The Printers. Wrap removal can be very time consuming we charge by the square feet and by the hour for the labor. The Printers can not be held responsible for any paint damage or existing striping damage when we do a removal. Since we do not know the integrity of the existing paint job or the condition of the painted clear coat or the condition of any existing decals. The Printers cannot be held liable if during the removal of the wrap the clear coat is peeled back with the wrap. In some cases if you have existing vinyl stripes under the wrap ( such as an RV that has striping) or a bus, we can not be held liable if portions of the stripes get removed during the wrap removal. Over the years of sun exposure prior to the wrap the striping adhesive can become weak and in some areas the striping will come up as the wrap is removed. The Printers does not use any steel or metal knives during the removal process. In some extreme cases when the wrap has been on the vehicle for more than 5 year the wrap may no longer be removable so the vehicle may need to go to a body shop to be sanded and repainted. If he vehicle requires a body shop , The Printers will refer the client to a body shop and client shall be responsible for paying the body shop.